Martin has been central to many of Ortus’s (and TBR’s) economics based projects. Martin is a Chartered Engineer who has been involved in economic development for over 30 years. He has led, managed or participated in a wide variety of economics projects including: an assessment of potential impacts on employment of an updated economic strategy for Sunderland City Council, analysis of future employment land needs for several London Boroughs, determining the skills requirements for the renewable energy sector, and understanding the skills requirements of the UK chemicals sector and the Royal Academy of Engineering as well as a host of other activities that involve establishing the economic impact of science and engineering based sectors. The latter include:
- establishing the size of the energy sector in the East of England, and developing action plans for the energy and engineering sector in the East of England
- leading an export survey undertaken for the Coast to Capital LEP and the recently commissioned export work for EMB
- preparation of an evidence base for sector selection (SEMLEP)
- generating economic evidence for (C2C LEP), a business survey for Camden Council
- work for RICS to establish the case for regulation (Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013)
Many have included surveys of businesses that have been undertaken by our survey partner Qa.
T: 07900 088405