Lucy has enjoyed a 20-year career working in research, evaluation and advisory services within the economic development and policy market. She has worked for large public sector organisations and small private sector firms across her career, including the business support sector at Business Link Tyneside, research and consultancy at Trends Business Research and Ortus Economic Research, and at Cobweb Information in the publishing sector.
She is highly numerate, has high attention to detail and is focused on delivering added value to all her clients. She works hard in each project to understand fully the client’s needs and the goals they aim to achieve, and to build that knowledge into her approach to project delivery. She can adapt to the organisational as well as evidential needs of each client.
Lucy is a skilled user of MS Office 365 applications for data entry and analysis. She has excellent research skills including identifying, reviewing and collating data from existing sources, designing and organising qualitative interviews and focus groups. She is also an experienced report writer and therefore understands how to deliver analysis and data presentation to draw out key messages.
Lucy has excellent organisational and project management skills and adopts relevant quality assurance methods appropriate to the projects she is engaged in. She works closely with colleagues in Ortus and with associates and partners to ensure coherent and effective delivery. She has worked on a wide range of studies and projects including analysis and reporting for the annual business survey for Greater Manchester Combined Authority, reporting and analysis for an impact evaluation of the National Innovation Centre for Data (NICD) and desk research for the North of Tyne Combined Authority evidence review of the creative industries.
- Newcastle University – NICD Impact Evaluation
- Newcastle University – Campus for Ageing and Vitality Economic Social and Policy Assessment
- Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult (OREC) – Impact Assessment
- Advance Northumberland – Economic Impact Assessment of Energy Central
- North of Tyne Combined Authority – Creative and Cultural Sector Narrative and Evidence Base
- Teesside University – TUCan Market Insight Study
- North East Local Enterprise Partnership – Digital employment and skills needs in the North East health and social care sector
- North East Local Enterprise Partnership – Covid-19 Intelligence
- Wakefield Council – Tourism Sector Research and Mapping Project
- Irish Research Council – Review of the IRC Gender Strategy & Action Plan
- Advance HE – Impact Evaluation of the Athena SWAN Charter 2019
T: 07973 394839