The University of Newcastle appointed Ortus, along with our partner Cloud Chamber, to carry out an independent evaluation to assess progress against the NICD‘s original objectives and to measure its economic impact. Specifically, the impact evaluation has the following key aims:
- To develop an evaluation framework and delivery plan
- To generate an initial baseline assessment
- To produce annual formative evaluation reports
- To produce a final summative evaluation report
- To provide ongoing advice and guidance as appropriate to the project delivery/management team
Early work has been focused on reviewing the landscape within which the project sits and making recommendations on key milestones and measures going forward. Annual formative assessments are being undertaken focused on performance against key objectives and also to identify learning points from an operational and delivery point of view. Finally, a summative assessment of impact will be delivered in Summer 2021.